Saturday, December 12, 2015

If You Listen Close






If you listen close you can hear my mind think of you
You can hear my heart beat for you
You can hear the tears hit the floor for you
You can hear my body go weak for you
You can hear my hand reach out for you
You can hear my heart break when I think about how I lost you
Most of all even when it is noisy, you can hear my love for you.

There isn't a moment I don't think about her. There isn't a moment I don't miss her. It isn't always hard, but it is never going to be easy. I will never stop hurting for losing all that I had, but I will learn how to be strong. I will always love my baby. I do not have one child. I have four children. No matter how they got here, no matter when they leave this world. Each one of them holds a piece of my heart, and without them there is an empty space that cannot be filled. It's okay to be sad, it is ok to miss her. I won't give up, not only because my family needs me, but because she fought so hard to stay here with us. If I give up I am not honoring her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment